Find more resources on our Resources page!

 Spay & Neuter Programs
There are some great programs in the Metro East Illinois area that offer low-cost spays & neuters for dogs & cats.

BARC Spay (St. Louis)
This is through Carol House Quick Fix Pet Clinic
- mention BARC's program.

(314) 771-7387

Carol House Quick Fix Pet Clinic (St. Louis)

(314) 771-7387

Four Hearts Foundation
(618) 960-4984

Gateway Pet Guardians
For residents of Alorton, East Saint Louis, Cahokia, Centreville & Washington Park.
(314) 399-9738

Hartz Second Chance Low Cost Spay/Neuter Clinic
(618) 975-4434

Madison County Spay/Neuter Clinic
(618) 377-2420

Metro East Humane Society Spay & Neuter Program

(618) 656-4405

Operation Spot
(314) 995-8678

Pound Pals Big Dog Program
For dogs over 39lbs.

(314) 776-SPAY

SNIP Alliance

(618) 550-7647

Spay Illinois
(877) 475-7729

Low Cost Services & Clinics

Places to get vaccinations, wellness visits, microchips, heartworm checks, plus more at great prices.

BARC (St. Louis)
(314) 771-7387

Belleville Area Humane Society Microchip & Vaccine Clinic
Clinics are once a month and they provide microchips, the rabies vaccine, and the distemper vaccine (for dogs and cats) for $10 each or $25 for all 3.  

1 (866) 951-0247

Carol House Quick Fix Pet Clinic (St. Louis)
(314) 771-7387

Hartz Second Chance

(618) 975-4434

Metro East Humane Society Vaccine & Microchip Clinics

(618) 656-4405

SNIP Alliance

(618) 550-7647

Vetco via Petco

(877) VET-SHOTs

Pet Food Pantries
Sometimes we hit hard times and can't afford food for our pets.  These food pantries in the Metro East & St. Louis areas can help you with that.  You can also call the Humane Society in your County to see if they recommend a place to find food.

Bi-State Pet Food Pantry

(Located in downtown St. Louis)

(314) 596-2128

RiverBend Pet Food Pantry

(618) 660-4910

Making A Difference For Pets
Low-cost resources for pet owners

 Vet Bill Assistance & Grants
If you have a big vet bill or need help paying for a vet emergency, maybe one of these organizations can help.

APA Head To Tails Hope Fund

 (314) 645-4610 

Care Credit

 (800) 677-0718 

Dylan's Heart

(336) 365-2334

Paws 4 A Cure

Belleville Area Humane Society Pets to the Vet

(St. Clair County Residents only)
(618) 235-3712

The Pet Fund

Red Rover Relief Urgent Care Grant

(916) 429-2457

StaRelief Home For Life Grant

(203) 636-0971

Miscellaneous Assistance & Pet Care Help

BAHS Obedience Training Class
Belleville Area Humane Society offers low-cost obedience training at the shelter.  Classes are $10 per session and with Bre Ponder of Helping Hounds Training at the shelter.  Dogs must be leashed & fully vaccinated.  Classes are at 7pm, dates vary, and you must call to schedule a date & register.  Payment must be made in advance in person or via phone.  The tier one class covers leash intros, crate training, tethering and heeling.  The tier two class cover walking, heeling, place & house manners.  1 (866) 951-0247

Banfield Hospital Free Pet Exam
Fill out the form online
here to receive a certificate for a free exam and consultation for your pet.  Metro East Banfield is located in O'Fallon, Il.

Belleville Area Humane Society Pet Resource Pantry
St. Clair County residents in need can get help with supplies like food, leashes, collars, etc.  Proof of residency required.  Supplies vary & are distributed until depleted.  The last Sunday of each month from 1pm to 3pm. Enter through the back gate.
1301 S. 11th St.
- Belleville, IL.

1 (866) 951-0247

Pets for Vets
Matches Vets with companion animals.

Red Rover
Provides temporary shelter for abuse victims or low income pet owners, helps with financial assistance, gives resources & emotional support when experiencing a major crisis and they help keep your pet with you.

(916) 429-2457

The Assistance Dog United Campaign
This nonprofit helps people with disabilities find funding to purchase service dogs. You can only apply during the months of April or May.

U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs for Service Dogs
For Veterans who have service dogs. Title 38 Section 1714 enables veterans to ask their caseworkers to file VA Form 10-2641 in order to receive financial assistance for veterinary care of service animals.

© Making A Difference
All rights reserved.